Bible Verse of the Month

Bible Verse of the Month: Hebrews 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that
he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Heritage of Grace: Interview a Blogger Challenge

Picture1

      Rebekah from "Heritage of Grace" blog invited me to join in her "interview a blogger challenge."  For the challenge I answer some questions about myself, (nothing too personal) and post them right here on my blog! Want to join the challenge?  Simply go to http://heritageofgrace.wordpress.com/2013/05/17/interview-a-blogger/#comment-596
and leave a comment answering the questions!  Everyone is invited!
   
      Now for the questions!

  • What is your favorite hymn?
      My favorite hymn is definitely "Amazing Grace."  (I know all the words!)  It is a beautiful song, written by a very sinful man who had much to be forgiven, and thankful for.  

  • What do you consider to be the most difficult book of the Bible? Why?
      Leviticus was the hardest book for me to finish because I found the laws, and ordinances, and measurements of holy things to get rather dull.  Still, I am very glad I read it!

  • A character trait you most admire in people?
      What I admire most in people has to be the trait that makes a teenage guy play with a little toddler, a friend give you a hug, (just when you really need a hug) a preacher preach to a half-empty (he would say half-full) church every Sunday, a police officer give a bike to a teenager so he won't have to walk to work, and a nice girl befriend another girl who really needed a friend. . . A trait called Christ-love. 

  • What do you like most about your family?
      Laughter:  I love laughing with my family, because we all have the same silly sense of humor.

  • What do you wish you could do more of?
      I would love to be more active, and swim more, but I don't feel very well most of the time, so I can't as much as I would like.

  • Favorite author and book?
My favorite all-around author is C. S. Lewis, but my favorite book is most definitely 
"The Hobbit!"

  • Do you prefer active/outdoor activities or creative/indoor activities?
I enjoy outdoor activities like camping, canoeing, hiking, swimming, and bike riding.

  • Do you keep a journal/diary?
I have in the past, and I am re-establishing the habit.  It helps free my mind.

  • What is your favorite healthy food or recipe (ex: blueberries)?
      This is a tough one, but probably homemade ice cream.  (Yes, it can be healthy!)

  • Do you think music is neutral or does it have an influence on those who listen?     
       I think music has an influence, but perhaps more on a person's mood than worldview.  Any thoughts, or ideas I get from music usually wears off when the song is over, but an upbeat, uplifting song does tend to lift my spirits considerably.

  • Which historical person (besides Biblical characters) do you most admire?
Perhaps President Ronald Reagan, because he stood up for what he believed to was right: (Although he wasn't perfect.)  He was also a great president, and a good actor! 

  • What do you like best about blogging?
I love being able to share opinions, connecting with other Christians, and WRITING of course!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mallory,

    It was great reading the answers to the questions you gave! Thanks for participating! I also love swimming but I don't get to do it regularly. :(
    It made me smile to learn that ice cream can be healthy :D, it can I believe, especially if it's homemade.
    I'm glad I got to "know" you through blogging!

    Blessings,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rebekah,

      Thanks for inviting me! Ice cream can be quite healthy if you make it with coconut milk and fresh goats milk, and go light on the honey. (Of course you still wouldn't eat it by the pint;) Thanks for reading my post!

      Your sister in Christ,
      Mallory

      Delete

Share Your Thoughts